KOPETRO Membership is open to permanent employees of Petroliam Nasional Berhad (PETRONAS), PETRONAS subsidiaries and associated companies. PETRONAS employees who have retired may also apply for continued membership.
As at 31 December 2012, KOPETRO has a total number of 16,500 members.
Pursuant to sections 26 and 27 Co-operatives Act 1993, anyone who wants to become a member of this Cooperative shall:
- Malaysian citizen;
- Has attained the age of eighteen years
- Resident or has property or working in the area of operation
- Not a person who effective against a conviction for an offense that can register, mentally disabled or undercharged bankrupt or has been removed from the membership of any society in a period of one year
- Application for membership shall be made in the official KOPETRO form
- Every application for membership shall be accompanied by entry fee of RM30.00. This entry fee pursuant to paragraph 50 (a) and the act returned to the applicant if his application was rejected by the Board.
- Former members to re-apply for membership will be charged RM60.00
- Application for membership shall be considered by Board Meeting, and may accept or reject any application without stated any reasons